What a moving and meaningful day at the Love Won Out Conference! Thank you for your prayers. The speakers were humble, gracious servants of our Lord. God answered many of my personal prayers.
Here are some highlights of my weekend:
• Joe Dallas asking me to autograph a copy of Restored Hearts for him.
• Getting copies of Restored Hearts into several other key leaders’ hands:
Melissa Fryrear—director of gender issues for Focus on the Family/Public Policy division
Alan Chambers—President of Exodus International to which a portion of book sales will go. This is currently the largest Christian organization that reaches out to those who struggle and their families.
Dr. Bill Maier—Vice President at Focus on the Family and psychologist-in-residence
Mike Goeke—pastoral counselor to those struggling with same-sex issues
Nancy Heche—mom, speaker, and author whose husband died of Aids and whose actress daughter had a three-year relationship with Ellen DeGeneres
• Placing Restored Hearts into the hands of a visibly hurting family whose son was very much trying to look like a girl. They traveled all the way from Minnesota to attend the conference.
• Meeting and sharing with a middle-aged couple who just found out their son has a homosexual lover
• Meeting another mom who wants to take action in her community against the gay agenda
• Thanking the Focus on the Family team for the opportunity and privilege of serving alongside them as part of their counseling network
• A loving message sent to those who picketed Saturday. Several leaders went out on the sidewalk to talk with the gay activists. Police guards were posted at the church doors. Thanking the Lord for our safety.
Continue to pray for the impact of the conference and for God to use Restored Hearts however and whenever He chooses.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Log onto www.guardyourmarriage.com and enter the CONTEST.
Complete this sentence stem to enter the contest to win a FREE marriage CD.
The best Valentine gift I ever received from my spouse was_____________________.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
A young man fleeing Boston with a dark secret. His missionary brother full of contempt. An Indian girl, uncertain, but longing to pursue the man she loves.
Restored Hearts, Book Two in the Born for India trilogy
One brother's dark secret
Another brother's scorn
Will family ties be strong enough to bind two wounded hearts, once the secret is revealed?
Copies now available from the author at a discount. Email email@example.com.
Book will be available at online stores March 30.
What Folks are Saying
Restored Hearts is an engaging story which effectively captures the dilemma of a Christian man coming to grips with the conflict between his sexual attraction struggle and his genuine trust and faith in God. While a work of fiction, it offers hope for those engaged in this dilemma, for in the counseling sessions which Tim has with Dr. Hauser is found the sound wisdom and helpful principles necessary for resolving and managing homosexuality; and for some, preparing the way for heterosexual bonding.
Dr Bill Consiglio, Sexual Orientation Resolution Therapist (SORT) Author: Homosexual No More, Victor Books, 1991.
Restored Hearts touched my heart on so many levels. Sure, we all see destructive lifestyles in those around us--we may even have some harmful habits ourselves---but if we could look on the inside, what we'd likely find are broken hearts. Someone failed us. We've been hurt. We compensate in harmful ways.
Eileen Rife has taken a look on the dark side of life, and let God shine His Light on the touchy subject of homosexuality. It's fiction, yes, but it could be anyone's story, with all the complications it entails when it's someone close to us. Lovingly and expertly done. Full of hope. I know I'll forever see people through different eyes.
Elisabeth Hewitt Bantz, author
Secrets of the Heart series