What a moving and meaningful day at the Love Won Out Conference! Thank you for your prayers. The speakers were humble, gracious servants of our Lord. God answered many of my personal prayers.
Here are some highlights of my weekend:
• Joe Dallas asking me to autograph a copy of Restored Hearts for him.
• Getting copies of Restored Hearts into several other key leaders’ hands:
Melissa Fryrear—director of gender issues for Focus on the Family/Public Policy division
Alan Chambers—President of Exodus International to which a portion of book sales will go. This is currently the largest Christian organization that reaches out to those who struggle and their families.
Dr. Bill Maier—Vice President at Focus on the Family and psychologist-in-residence
Mike Goeke—pastoral counselor to those struggling with same-sex issues
Nancy Heche—mom, speaker, and author whose husband died of Aids and whose actress daughter had a three-year relationship with Ellen DeGeneres
• Placing Restored Hearts into the hands of a visibly hurting family whose son was very much trying to look like a girl. They traveled all the way from Minnesota to attend the conference.
• Meeting and sharing with a middle-aged couple who just found out their son has a homosexual lover
• Meeting another mom who wants to take action in her community against the gay agenda
• Thanking the Focus on the Family team for the opportunity and privilege of serving alongside them as part of their counseling network
• A loving message sent to those who picketed Saturday. Several leaders went out on the sidewalk to talk with the gay activists. Police guards were posted at the church doors. Thanking the Lord for our safety.
Continue to pray for the impact of the conference and for God to use Restored Hearts however and whenever He chooses.
I flip through the calendar, a gift from my missionary daughter. Family face after family face jump off the pages. Grandkids roasting mar...
In 1783 peace has been declared, but war still rages in the heart of Lark Benton. Never did Lark think she’d want to escape Emer...
We never did play tea parties like other girls. We played detective. Because that’s what Mercedes read, detective stories. And she ...
Some secrets are better left buried…or are they? Kathryn Bellamy is the Assistant D.A. for Perkins County, Georgia. After detect...