Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Peter Rabbit, or Is It Paula?

 
 
 


Relishing in a before-supper snooze on the blanket in my side yard. I look up, and there s/he is again--my garden bunny. Sometimes s/he brings along another rabbit to nibble clover. But right now, s/he's alone. I inch my way closer. S/he stays put. Closer. No bolting. Closer. I think we're becoming friends. I can almost reach out and touch her silky fur.

With the bunnies, squirrels, plethora of birds, and whistlepig (the size of a very large cat), our woods and yard are a natural habitat for VA critters.

I like that. For now, anyway.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

A Grandchild's Lavish Love

  I sat in the church pew with a shredded heart. The week had been tough on multiple fronts, emotion running high, mostly over the injustic...