Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Tag, you're it!



In response to an "author tag," I've jumped in to play! Here's a brief interview about my upcoming novel, Laughing with Lily.



What is the working title of your book?

Laughing with Lily

Where did the idea come from for the book?

My heart has long been burdened for women who’ve aborted their babies. I wanted to profile this issue through my central characters, plus revisit a setting where my husband and I shared our early marriage years.

What genre does your book fall under?

Women’s fiction

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Hmm . . .  good question. Possibly Evangeline Lilly for the lead. Co-lead, Christian Bale. Not so much for the roles they’ve played or what they stand for, but for their physical appearance.

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

An infertile woman grieves over an abortion her husband knows nothing about. 
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

OakTara has contracted Laughing with Lily for release in 2013-14.

How long did it take to write the first draft of your manuscript?

About one year

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Tough one . . . since Laughing with Lily takes many unexpected twists and turns, I would equate it to an Angela Hunt story, and given the issue, perhaps a Francine Rivers’ book.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

As I mentioned earlier, my heart for women experiencing the grief and loss resulting from abortion prompted me to write Celeste’s story.

What else might pique the reader's interest?

If you enjoy a story that keeps you guessing, Laughing with Lily is for you!

A sneak peek . . .




~~

Below are three other authors I've tagged. Check out their blogs at the following locations!



No comments:

A Grandchild's Lavish Love

  I sat in the church pew with a shredded heart. The week had been tough on multiple fronts, emotion running high, mostly over the injustic...