Saturday, May 31, 2008

Leaping Lizzards, Batman!

I sit at the table with Rebekah eating a sandwich. Nathan and Rachel are attending a youth gathering at a neighbor's house. Along the baseboard I notice a two-inch lizzard scurry over the floor. A shiver shoots down my spine; then I remember--this friendly member of the family eats mosquitoes. So I will leave him to carry out his business. This little gecko is nature's alternative to the Orkin man. Fine by me. As long as we each keep to our corners, things will be okey-dokey.

1 comment:

Gregg said...

Just call him "Meeester Leeezard" with heavy accent. Ours in Mexico became a friend with the name instead of a shocking intruder!

A Grandchild's Lavish Love

  I sat in the church pew with a shredded heart. The week had been tough on multiple fronts, emotion running high, mostly over the injustic...