Saturday, April 27, 2013

What a Day!

 What a fantastic day signing books, including my latest release Laughing with Lily!

As God typically does, He sent along a couple sweet surprises in keeping with my story line which deals with a character struggling with regret over a past abortion.

If ever there could be a "poster reader" for Laughing with Lily, my new friend, Trudy, would be it. She gave me permission to share her story. Her granddaughter recently had an abortion at four months gestation. Her daughter also had an abortion years ago. This dear mother and grandmother, with tears in her eyes, shared how they both needed healing. Pray that God will use Laughing with Lily to administer hope and healing to this family.

And here's my precious granddaughter, Kylie, who served as the model for my character, Lily. 

It was a great day sharing with potential readers about my book offerings. At one point, Kylie pointed across the gym. "Look Grandma, there's the store lady!" I squinted, trying to figure out who she pointed at. Turned out it was our "balloon lady" at Dollar Tree whom we'd invited to the event. She stopped at our table and shared how she'd taken in a young unwed mother after the girl's mom left her on her doorstep. The baby is now a year old. Wow, this faithful store clerk stood in the gap for a hurting teen, and ultimately saved her baby from abortion.

What a treat to see how God masterfully pulled the day together with themes that resonate in my heart and in my writing. 

Thanks for partnering with me as I share healing words for hurting hearts.


 

5 comments:

Gail Pallotta said...

Hi,
It looks like a great day, and your granddaughter is beautiful. Congratulations on your new book and on being able to help others with it.

Eileen Rife said...

Thanks, Gail, for stopping by. And for your encouragement!

Eileen Rife said...


What a sweet role model you have for Lily, Eileen.
Your granddaughter is precious. I'm sure your book-
signing was a day of much happiness and so rewarding
for you and your work.

I've shared your book link with many of my friends.
I feel as if I know Lily. :) It's such a sweet story.

May God bless those hearts He leads to read your
moving story.

Blessings,
Diane Dean White

chappydebbie said...

So glad it went well.
How heartbreaking for Trudy.
I was wondering if that gorgeous little girl on the cover was your granddaughter. She is adorable!
Praying that your book helps a lot of people. God bless.

Eileen Rife said...

Thanks, Debbie!

A Grandchild's Lavish Love

  I sat in the church pew with a shredded heart. The week had been tough on multiple fronts, emotion running high, mostly over the injustic...