Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Brought Near

Recently, while watching my youngest grandson (18 mos.) "float" around all the older kids, trying to do what they do but never quite able to, I realized I did the same thing as the youngest in my family.

In my healing journey, it's occurred to me that part of my struggles derive from this feeling of being on the outside looking in, not necessarily a new thought, but one I sense I need to explore further, if in no other way than simply to acknowledge the phenomenon.

I was the youngest of four much older siblings and always felt like I was "looking on." Everyone else was in the know, doing things I could not yet do or understand. Everyone else had passed through the door, so to speak. But that same door was slammed in my face and marked "Private." This internalized message was reinforced by the parental cliche': "I'll explain that when you get older."

After the day of watching my grandson, that night, in good Abba fashion, my heavenly Father brought scripture to my mind which I thought came from Hebrews, but no, it was exactly what I'd been reading in Ephesians, chapter 2, the day before but was barely aware of at the time.

But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ (Eph. 2:13). 

I realize this passage is addressing the Gentile nation being grafted in (included) in the gospel message, but I also believe Abba brought it to my mind to reaffirm that no matter how excluded or "far off" I may feel from Him at times, He has indeed grafted me into His Kingdom by virtue of Christ's blood. 

The door is wide open with a huge welcome sign on the front! All because of the precious blood of Jesus! Brought near by the blood of Christ. It doesn't get any better than that! The more I run into His open arms, the more I will experience freedom to step through other doors, build relationships with others, and serve Him with a full heart. 

Dear Reader, I hope you will experience the same as you come to Him through the blood of Jesus Christ. 

 . . . for through Him (Jesus) we both (Jews and Gentiles) have our access in one Spirit to the Father (Eph. 2:18).



No comments:

A Grandchild's Lavish Love

  I sat in the church pew with a shredded heart. The week had been tough on multiple fronts, emotion running high, mostly over the injustic...