Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Our French Adventure!


Bonjour!





With family spread all over the world, my husband and I have no lack of places to visit!

This year we traveled to France to spend time with our middle daughter and family currently living in a small French town cradled by the magnificent, snow-capped mountains of the southern alps. My camera shot simply does not do justice to the pristine splendor of these beauties. However, the actual visual image while standing before them is a snapshot in my mind I will not soon forget.


Among our touring spots was Conflans, a village nestled in the mountains, and dating back to the 1500s. The building below is the Catholic Church in the center of the village with houses grouped around. I enjoyed ambling along the meticulously laid cobblestone streets. The pic below is also taken at Conflans as the sun set.


Sledding at a nearby ski resort was a highlight for me! I think I love this activity about as much as I enjoy bobbing in ocean waves.


A stroll through town on a mother-daughter date with a stop at a crepe shop proved an enjoyable and meaningful way to experience a bit of French culture/language and catch up on each other's lives.


Speaking of la crepe . . . France is full of delectable baguettes, croissants (huge and so light and flaky, I thought I was eating air!), other pastries, cheeses, chocolates, and cafe ooh lait. The vendor in the above picture is scraping off melted cheese onto a baguette during an outdoor Christmas festival in Annecy (the Venice of France). More pics of Annecy below.



A tour of a cheese factory included a walk through what felt like a dungeon, cold and smelly, with aging molds of shelved cheese. A robot worked 24/7 to lift, flip, and dip each huge hunk of cheese (representing about 100 gallons of milk) in salt water, then return to the shelf. Yummy samples of summer cheese followed the tour. See pic below.


Time with family enjoying another culture is always the best treat of all! We are so thankful for our fun and meaningful time with our kids/grandkids, making more good memories to draw upon until we see each other again.






No comments:

A Grandchild's Lavish Love

  I sat in the church pew with a shredded heart. The week had been tough on multiple fronts, emotion running high, mostly over the injustic...