Monday, August 31, 2020

Breakfast for Jesus

 

Courtesy of Pexels, Valeria Boltneva 


My husband’s early morning prayer meeting at our home brought one young man to our door. Intense spiritual warfare threatened him and his family. While my husband prayed with him downstairs, I prayed for them upstairs. 

As I interceded, the Holy Spirit prompted me to fix them breakfast. A sudden awareness flashed across my mind that the breakfast I would prepare was first and foremost for Jesus, not for the two men who knelt by our sofa. 

Never had I experienced more clarity concerning the truth of Colossians 3:23: “Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men” (NASB). 

So many times I’d served others with abandon, but when it came to my husband, I grumbled and hesitated. I pushed from the floor with joy as I prepared and served eggs, sausage, and smoothies to “Jesus” that quiet Saturday morning.

 


1 comment:

Terra said...

How beautiful that your husband is caring for the man with prayer and you cared for them both by cooking breakfast for them. For Jesus.

A Grandchild's Lavish Love

  I sat in the church pew with a shredded heart. The week had been tough on multiple fronts, emotion running high, mostly over the injustic...